Prospective candidates are encouraged to sign-up for updates regarding any changes to the application process by clicking here.
Language SelectionThe National Dental Specialty Examination (NDSE) is offered in either of the official languages, English or French. The candidate’s choice of examination language in the online application may not be changed after the application deadline.
Special accommodation may be granted on an individual basis on the grounds of a disability, medical condition, or religious restrictions. In order for appropriate arrangements to be made, candidates requiring special accommodation must identify their requirement for accommodation when completing the online application form and submit the official request form
by the closing of the application window on January 15, 2019. For more information on submitting a request for special accommodation, please visit the Special Accommodation
The College’s special accommodation policy is compliant with accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Completing an Application
Individuals wishing to challenge the National Dental Specialty Examination must ensure that the Admissions Department receives the application requirements below by the prescribed deadline. An application will only be considered to be complete when all three requirements are received.
• The online application;
• Payment for all applicable fees; and,
• Proof of eligibility. *
* Proof of completion is required for applicants who have already completed an accredited dental specialty training program or the Dental Specialty Assessment and Training Program (DSATP) for internationally-trained dental specialists.
Proof of enrollment is required for applicants who are in the final year of an accredited dental specialty training program or who are enrolled in a DSATP. For applicants enrolled in a DSATP, proof of enrollment must be supplemented with confirmation of academic preparedness to challenge the Examination.
Digital Photo RequirementsThe online application requires that applicants upload a current digital photo. Please ensure that your digital file meets the following requirements before proceeding with the online application:
• File must be either JPG or JPEG format.
• File size must be 50kb or smaller.
• Image dimensions must not exceed 380x580 pixels.
• The file name must only include alphanumeric characters – i.e. please avoid spaces or characters that are not letters or numbers.
Tips: Avoid file names such as "First_Name Last_Name" or “First.Name.Last.Name". We recommend simple file names such as "LastName123".
START THE APPLICATION